Saturday 17 October 2009

Three Wise Men

I gave in and sent a text to 'boyfriend' asking if he was ok. Seeing as this is a new relationship I was a bit miffed when it waned so obviously within a month. Ok, I hear you mutter, a month is quite a long time. Hmmm, not when we only see each other once a week it's not! He (let's call him GF) usually texts me every morning asking if I'm ok, having a good day, enjoying the weather etc. Then nothing for four days. Silence. So, I sent GF a text quite late last night then went to bed. This morning there were two texts from him. The first said that he had been busy and had a bad cold (man flu obviously). The second asked if I was ok. I didn't reply. Balancing waking up with clearing up, making breakfast and convincing son that we had to go out shopping took my attention away. I got another text at lunchtime saying 'aren't you talking to me'. Right, suddenly he's interested again now that I've reminded him that I exist? Not really sure what to do now. He will never be the love of my life but he's a nice man (kiss of death being described as 'nice'). I don't know.

Bob (the builder that owes me a kitchen and money) sent a text apologising that he didn't drop money off last night but will come tonight instead. It's 22.50 pm. He hasn't been. He could make a fortune if he wrote a book of excuses.

Third man (Mr Right for short) was meant to email me on Thursday. Say no more. I met him way back last year briefly, only for a coffee at lunchtime. It was a bit of internet flirting but with intelligence and humour. His emails were amusing, entertaining and slightly eccentric. Wonderful to receive and read. I expected the meeting to be a massive disappointment but it wasn't. He looked older than I expected but when you're in your 50's I suppose that's the way it is. He kissed me on the cheek. I never heard from him again until now.

Mr Right fell off the radar just after I met him which I took rather personally at the time. He reappeared out of the blue last week and got in touch. Apparently (and I take every word with a massive pinch of salt) his business went bust and he finally split up with the long-term girlfriend. He still could've taken 2 minutes to send me a quick email though, couldn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment