Sunday 4 October 2009

Cake

I so miss not being able to bake. I really don't rate myself as a good cook because I'm average. Non creative. Ex is a great cook. He can create a meal from a few odds and ends and a lot of imagination. Wonderful. However, I am a basic cook. I manage to feed son in a healthy manner although we did have hotdog sandwiches yesterday.
I've got a great recipe, from my big sister, for a fruit cake. It is yummy. Probably because I soak the fruit in whisky and orange juice overnight. Really moist. I could be baking alcoholic Christmas cakes instead of fretting about kitchen. I'm even getting stressed about the colour of the worktop. I want a twinkly black granite one but I didn't win the lottery again (convinced they've made a mistake). Should I have twinkly black laminate or will that just look cheap? Oh, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment