Thursday 8 October 2009

Bitter Bob

Am borrowing money to finally get kitchen done. Went to look at worktops today. The man in the showroom remembered me and was slightly disbelieving of my tale of woe. Third time lucky, huh?

I cannot get over the fact that my 'friend', Bob, was so outraged when I was let down and duped by cowboy Pete on the first kitchen disaster. He offered so much advice on how to get a refund from cP. He suggested all types of revenge. He is worse. I trusted him and he has conned me and lied. What goes around will come around. Both will regret.

I was a good friend to Bob. I let him stay in my flat when he had nowhere to go. I let him tell me his troubles. I listened. I fed him. I did his washing. There was always coffee and biscuits, bread and cheese. I never questioned the 'phone calls that magically appeared on my bill. I let him use the computer, watch the TV, listen to the radio, have a bath. I trimmed dried gloss paint out of his hair. I let him keep belongings here. I let him have a key. Never again. Am I bitter? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment