Monday 5 October 2009

Rain

It hasn't rained for ages and ages. Woke up to a really dark morning. Half an hour later the rain starts and doesn't stop again till 3.30. What a dull, damp day. My geraniums appreciated the wash though. They've spent all of the summer on my window-sills covered by scaffolding. The scaffolding was finally removed last week (it's been up for 11 months - I scarcely recognised the place when it went). Geraniums now have slightly more natural light and have had a little shower to wash the building dust from them. Better late than never. I expect we'll get a frost soon and they will wither with shock and cold.

Thinking about frost - I need winter shoes. Last year I lived in trainers. Not pretty. I walk too far (on a daily basis) to wear high heels. I need brogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment