Saturday 7 November 2009

Fireworks

Took son to see local firework display this evening. Not quite as good as last year but still (stupidly) managed to bring tears to my eyes - or maybe that was the smoke or rain.

Baked a fruit cake in the new oven. Forgot to buy baking powder so, despite cake tasting great, the texture is slightly chewy. How did that happen? Usually (if I remember correctly from 18 months ago) it crumbles instead of slicing neatly. Will try again. The quarter of a bottle of whisky helps the flavour. I soak the fruit in it first and then lick the bowl out, hic!

Bob sent a text saying he will pay me in installments starting next Tuesday. I wonder what the excuse will be next Tuesday. I'll post on here just for the fun of it. Mr Right has fallen off the edge of the world. Just as well because I can sense that he is very bad news and GF has disappeared like tonight's fireworks. I really must dust this shelf that I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment